Henry appeared alongside his brother Tom in the wonderfully delicious programme The Fabulous Baker Brothers on Channel 4.
The Fabulous Baker Brothers have kicked off 2013 with their second series and accompanying second book; Glorious British Grub.
Following the success of The Fabulous Baker Brothers programme, Christmas special and book, 2012 was a very busy year for the brothers, and they continue to be in high demand for appearances and demonstrations.
2010 also saw Henry appear in the Great British Menu on BBC2 where he competed against other talented chefs to create exciting and sumptuous dishes. Since then he has also appeared in several episodes of Market Kitchen on the Good Food network.
A graduate from Westminster Catering College and a 5th generation baker, Henry is passionate about carefully sourced, good quality seasonal ingredients. He feels very strongly about English heritage and preserving all this country has to offer but has often been forgotten. Reviving old recipes is all part of his mission to restore the food culture in Britain.
During his time as Head Chef of Clerkenwell’s award winning pub, The Coach & Horses, Henry not only carefully selected small suppliers with whom he could develop a personal relationship, but used their produce to maximum effect by way of using every part with little waste. This style of cooking helped to develop a unique menu where the whole of edible nature was celebrated to the full.
2010 was a defining year for Henry as he got married, bought a home in the Cotswolds and left his beloved pub. Pursuing his desire to experience other cultures, Henry travelled to India and lived there for two months.
Upon his return, Henry tried his hand in a new trade and now fronts a butcher’s shop, which specialises in charcuterie. He feels it is about time the British butcher had a shake up and woke up to modern tastes but also to bring back some of the pride this country once had with meat. Coming from the chef’s point of view, he feels he has something to offer the customer that other butchers may have struggled with. Time will tell if his adventure will succeed.
Henry with his brother Tom form ‘The Fabulous Baker Brothers’. With two successful series in the UK (for Channel 4), they are now bringing their British culinary magic to the US with a new show for Discovery.
- DateProduction (role)Company
- Date: 2015Production (role): The Fabulous Baker BrothersCompany: Betty TV for Discovery/TLC
- Date: 2012-13Production (role): The Fabulous Baker BrothersCompany: Betty TV for Channel 4
- Date: 2012Production (role): The Fabulous Baker Brothers Christmas SpecialCompany: Betty TV for Channel 4
- Date: 2010Production (role): Market KitchenCompany: Optomen Productions for Good Food
- Date: 2010Production (role): Great British MenuCompany: Optomen Productions for BBC2
- DatePublication (role)Company
- Date: 2013Production (role): The Fabulous Baker Brothers: Glorious British GrubCompany: Headline
- Date: 2012Production (role): The Fabulous Baker BrothersCompany: Headline