Lucy Campbell won a Royal Television Society Best Fiction Award for her graduation film in 2011, and in the same year was a finalist in Virgin Media Shorts with The Friend Catcher. Her films have been programmed in multiple UK and international festivals. Originally studying English literature and creative writing, she subsequently trained as a medical doctor, alongside working as an artist and filmmaker.
In 2013 she was mentored by Peter Ettedgui and Kate Leys for Edinburgh International Film Festival‘s “Network” year long feature writing programme with science fiction NIGHT SIDE – a contemporary Frankenstein which is now in development with Creative England/BFI.
Feature drama MONKEYBOY has been developed on ADAPT TO FILM (Creative Skillset/Nottingham Broadway) with Anna Siefert Speck and Caroline Cooper Charles, is now in development with Delaval Film’s Vision Award.
With funding and support from BFI/Creative England/Film London and British Council she has written and directed three short films:
THE PIG CHILD (2014) – Winner Best Actress, Best Newcomer Cinematography, MARINA & ADRIENNE (2016) – Winner best screenplay Shakespeare’s Sister competition, and subsequently commissioned by Film London and British Council. Nominated for Best Director at London Short Film Festival, Winner Best Producer at Underwire). SLIDING (2017) – festivals tbc
Short horrror SQUEAL commissioned by Film4 for their Halloween season 2016 was broadcast on F4 Channel and can be watched on All4 website. Nominated for a Broadcast Digital Award 2017.
- Production (role)CompanyProject details
- Production (role): NIGHT SIDE (Writer & Director)Company: Delaval Films / Creative England / BFIProject details: Feature Film
- DateProduction (role)CompanyProject details
- Date: 2016Production (role): SQUEALCompany: Film4 / Channel 4Project details: Horror short broadcast on Channel 4 online, as part of the Film4 Halloween season 2016
- Date: 2016Production (role): SLIDINGCompany: Delaval Films / Creative England / BFIProject details:
- Date: 2016Production (role): MARINA & ADRIENNECompany: Delaval Films / Film London / British Council / Creative England / BFIProject details: Winner of Film London's Shakespeare's Sister initiative.
- Date: 2014Production (role): THE PIG CHILDCompany: Delaval Films / Creative England / BFIProject details: