Nina is a writer based in the North East of England. In 2016 her debut play The Terminal Velocity of Snowflakes at Live Theatre, Newcastle received critical acclaim and returned the following year in 2017 for a second sell-out run.
Nina is the co-creator and writer of The Six Twenty’s gig-theatre show Fans which received rave reviews in both 2016 and 2018.
Nina was longlisted for the Kudos North Writers Award in January 2018 and in April 2018 she was selected to take part in The North Wall’s
Catalyst Programme which saw an extract of her play WINGS performed as part of their 2018 Alchemy Festival.
Nina has also written extensively for The Six Twenty’s comedy/sketch show MIXTAPE, Live Theatre’s Youth Theatre and she recently made her screenwriting debut with short fiction film Salt which was co-written and screened as part of the NFTS Graduate Showcase 2019.
As well as writing Nina has worked previously as both a director and dramaturg for stage and she also runs the creative writing course at Newcastle Theatre Royal.
- Production (role)CompanyProject details
- Production (role): HEAT OF STARSCompany: Live Theatre, NewcastleProject details: Past, present and future worlds collide in an epic tale about love, global disaster and stardust. Heat of Stars is under commision by Live Theatre, Newcastle and underwent research and development at The National Theatre Studios, London earlier this year.
- Production (role): THE TAXI DRIVER’S DAUGHTER (Adaptation)Company: Live Theatre, NewcastleProject details: When Louise is sent to prison for three months for assaulting a policeman with a stiletto shoe, Christmas looks set for disaster, Nana Price decides to moves herself in and fifteen-year-old Caris goes gently off the rails. Whilst her taxi-driver father Mac struggles to keep the family together, finding solace talking to his passengers, Caris is drawn into the intriguing darkness of the nearby vale where she meets George. Their relationship leads her away from school and everything she has known previously, into a new and unnerving world which looks set to throw her and the rest of the family into terrifying chaos. Under commission by Live Theatre, the novel ‘The Taxi Driver’s Daughter’ by Julia Darling is currently being adapted for the stage.
- Production (role): WINGSCompany: North Wall, OxfordProject details: Wings Is a spine-tingling, supernatural, poetic exploration of life and death which charters one woman’s journey to uncover the truth and help bring solace to a grief-stricken family. Wings started its life in 2018 at The North Wall, Oxford and a 20 minute extract of the piece was performed as part of their Alchemy Festival earlier this year.
- DateProduction (role)CompanyProject details
- Date: 2018Production (role): FANSCompany: Live Theatre/Canada Water/N16/Northern StageProject details: Directed by Melanie Rashbrooke
- Date: 2016-2017Production (role): THE TERMINAL VELOCITY OF SNOWFLAKESCompany: Live TheatreProject details: Directed by Max Roberts & Graeme Thompson
A play about what it means to grow up, fall in love and how the tiniest, seemingly most insignificant detail can change eternity, or then again maybe not. The play received critical acclaim in 2016 and returned by popular demand in 2017 for a second sell-out run.
- DateProduction (role)CompanyProject details
- Date: 2018Production (role): WINGSCompany: The North Wall, OxfordProject details: 20 minute extract
Directed by Melanie Rashbrooke
- Date: 2017Production (role): HYDROLEPATHY (Rehearsed reading)Company: Live Theatre/Theatre Katapult, AarhusProject details:
- Date: 2015Production (role): PAPER WALLSCompany: Alphabetti TheatreProject details: Directed by Lee Rosher
- Date: 2015Production (role): WORDS WITH LOVECompany: Live TheatreProject details: Directed by Anna Ryder
- Date: 2015Production (role): THE FLIGHTCompany: Live TheatreProject details: Directed by Melanie Rashbrooke
- Date: 2014Production (role): X-SCAPECompany: Live TheatreProject details: Directed by Jon-Luke McKie
- DateProduction (role)Project details
- Date: 2019Production (role): SALTProject details: Directed by Raphael Chipperfield
- DateProduction (role)Company
- Date: 2016 - PresentProduction (role): Associate ArtistCompany: Live Theatre
- Date: 2018Production (role): Catalyst ProjectCompany: North Wall, Oxford
- Date: 2018Production (role): Kudos North Writers AwardCompany:
- Date: 2016Production (role): Writing WorkshopsCompany: Royal Court/New Writing North
- Date: 2016Production (role): Writers' GroupCompany: Live Theatre