Writer / Director
Dionne Edwards is a screenwriter and director. Her short We Love Moses screened at over fifty festivals worldwide, including LFF and TIFF. It has picked up nine awards, including the Jury Prize at Dinard 2017, Best of British at Encounters 2017 and Short Film of the Year at the Critics’ Circle Film Awards 2018. We Love Moses is licensed for television by Cine+, Canal+ and HBO.
Dionne directed That Girl, a 30-minute drama in Channel 4’s ‘On the Edge’ series. It stars Chanel Cresswell (This Is England) and Alexandra Roach (Black Mirror) and was broadcast in August 2018 to excellent reviews. Dionne was on the BFI Flare LGBT Filmmakers’ Mentorship programme 2016/17 and was mentored by director Desiree Akhavan (The Miseducation of Cameron Post. She directed second unit on the third series of Top Boy (Netflix, 2019) and shadowed director Reinaldo Marcus Green (Monsters and Men). She went on to direct two films of ‘Soon Gone: A Windrush Chronicle’ for the BBC.
Dionne is currently developing her debut feature film Pretty Red Dress with the BFI and BBC Films, she took the project to the Sundance Screenwriters Lab in January 2019 and completed the Director’s Lab in Summer 2019.
- DateProduction (role)CompanyProject details
- Date: 2020Production (role): HALF BADCompany: Imaginarium/ NetflixProject details: Writers room & 1 script
- Date: 2019Production (role): SOON GONE: A WINDRUSH CHRONICLECompany: Douglas Road Productions / Young Vic / BBC4Project details: Directed two monologues - Kev 1968 & Michaela 2019
- Date: 2018Production (role): Top BoyCompany: Cowboy / NetflixProject details: 2nd Unit Directing on first block
- Date: 2018Production (role): On the Edge: 'That Girl'Company: Blacklight TV / Channel 4Project details:
- Production (role)CompanyProject details
- Production (role): WISE GIRLCompany: Teng Teng Films / BBC FilmsProject details: Feature Film
Writer & Director
- Production (role): PRETTY RED DRESSCompany: Teng Teng Films / BFI / BBC FilmsProject details: Feature Film
Writer & Director