Jamie started his directing career by winning a competition to shoot a TV commercial for Patricia Cornwell’s latest novel at the time, ‘Book of the Dead’. His winning piece was shown on channel 5.
He then moved onto directing commercials, most noticeably for the BBC. Since then, Jamie’s work has garnered a number of awards, including a Promax for his piece for Tuborg, which he directed and produced. Jamie’s ability to fuse a naturally observed use of camera with striking visuals, coupled with his skill at drawing great performances from his cast, has established him as an accomplished director within the industry. His commercial for the ‘Make A Wish’ Foundation and Fairy, starring Sean Bean was incredibly well reviewed. He directed the Dove, Rugby Six Nations commercial in 2015. He has shot spots for Nescafe, ITV Creative and Huawei.
- DateProduction (role)CompanyProject details
- Date: 2021Production (role): THE SANDMANCompany: NetflixProject details: Episodes 2, 3, 4 & 5
- Date: 2018-2019Production (role): HIS DARK MATERIALS Seasons 1 and 2Company: Bad Wolf/BBC1Project details: Season 1 - 2 Episodes
Season 2- Opening Block
- Date: 2018Production (role): DR WHO Series 11Company: BBCProject details: Directed the opening and closing blocks. Starring Jodie Whittaker
- Date: 2017Production (role): NEXT OF KINCompany: Mammoth/ITV1Project details: Director for 2nd Block of the series.
- Date: 2016Production (role): STAN LEE’S LUCKY MAN IICompany: Carnival Film & Television / Sky 1Project details: 2 Episodes, second series
- Date: 2016Production (role): VERACompany: ITV / ITV StudiosProject details: Opening episode, Series 7
- Date: 2015Production (role): VERACompany: ITV / ITV StudiosProject details: Series 6, THE MOTH CATCHER
Won RTS North East Awards Best Drama 2017
- Date: 2015Production (role): POLDARKCompany: Mammoth Screen / BBCOneProject details: Second Unit Director, Series 1
- DateProduction (role)
- Date: 2016Production (role): NEW SKIN
- Date: 2016Production (role): CROWS HOUSE (Writer / Director)