I am a highly experienced UK drama Executive Producer and Producer with over 25 years of experience leading large-scale productions including NEW TRICKS, HOLBY CITY, HOLLYOAKS and EASTENDERS overseeing swift re-commissions, complex cast changes, increased digital exploitation and the implementation of new and more effective ways of working – both editorially and in production – inspiring teams to deliver quality and audiences, whilst managing change in an ever-evolving industry. I have been nominated for 3 BAFTAS, was a member of the BBC’s top 100 creative leaders, won a Women in Film and Television newcomer award nomination and have appeared on numerous international panels and as a judge on the Seoul International Drama Awards.
I am also a creative Scripted Executive, working both in-house and with client production companies, distribution teams and local producers across the globe, namely Fremantle (as SVP Global Drama), Sony, EndemolShine, Fox and HBO Europe. I have vast experience working on scripted format development and original production, and on maximising collaboration, co-production and shared creativity within the scripted community. I have worked extensively across Europe, the Americas and Asia-Pacific, as well as developing and Exec-ing original dramas in Africa, South East Asia, India and across Europe. As Executive Producer, I have just delivered HBO Europe’s first (and hugely successful) Adria original 6 part series, directed by Oscar winning director Danis Tanovic, which has just aired in the US.
Production (role)CompanyProject details
Production (role): SUPERVISING / EXEC. PRODUCERCompany: HBO CroatiaProject details: Exec responsibilities for HBO Europe as they produce their first drama in Adria.
Guiding and influencing development, production and post production process of 6 x 60 min and 8 x 60 mins original dramas shooting in Croatia and Romania.
Supervision of third-party Production Companies ensuring HBO quality at all stages through to delivery, including final budgeting and spend sign-off on behalf of HBO Europe.
Script development with HBO Europe London, Zagreb and Bucharest teams.
Production (role): INTERNATIONAL SCRIPTED CONSULTANTCompany: Sony Pictures Television, Fox, Emerald Films andPark FilmsProject details: Consulting on original scripted development, adaptation and production content in UK, Europe, Asia and Africa.
Production (role): SCRIPTED MEDIA CONFERENCE PRODUCERCompany: IBC Amsterdam and China Media Centre, University of WestminsterProject details: Total curation of all sessions from creating bespoke sessions and agendas, attracting key-note speakers and panel participants as well as running the programmes.
Production (role): CONSULTANT DEVELOPMENT and EXEC PRODUCERCompany: Girl EffectProject details: Working with local production company to develop new drama series shot entirely on location in Ethiopia.
Production (role): CREATOR, WRITER and CONSULTANT PRODUCERCompany: Endemol ShineProject details: Created and wrote new, heavily scripted reality series for Celestial/Lionsgate - THE ULTIMATE BROCATION shot entirely on location in Hong Kong. Currently in development for Series 2.
Production (role): SVP GLOBAL DRAMACompany: FremantleMediaProject details: Central responsibility for all long-running, returning series and formats (both FM and third party owned) in development and production, including 9 global daily drama series.
· Attended all story conferences, giving feedback on all story docs.
· Created and ran annual Daily Drama Conference.
· Initiated cross-group editorial training for all script teams.
· Provided in-depth management for NEIGHBOURS team in Australia and Channel 5 Execs in UK, ensuring the continued success and re-commission of Fremantle’s 3rd most valuable title.
· Oversaw ‘date in date’ transmission was finally achieved between AUS and
UK, after 30 years!
Growth of Internal scripted Development and Production across the group.
· Development and production of dramas with series potential.
· Drove collaboration with over 16 territories to increase creativity.
· Develop and implement strategic and pan-group initiatives to increase scripted production.
· Identify the most advantageous exploitation of titles (Tape vs Format), to maximize revenue and maintain production growth.
·Attended global markets including MIPCOM and MIPTV annually.
· Provide expertise to FremantleMedia’s non-drama specialist and licensed territories.
· Identify and support acquisition of 3rd party formats.
· Industry Mentor on highly prestigious ‘Women in Film and Television’ scheme in the UK.
· Final Selection Jury Member for 2013 Seoul Drama Awards in Korea.
· Keynote speaker at Content Asia, Singapore 2014.
Production (role): SENIOR EXECUTIVE PRODUCERCompany: FremantleMedia (Worldwide Drama)Project details: Executive Producer on over 120 hours of Asian drama, including 4 seasons of new show in India, from development through to delivery.
Established drama team Indonesia, overseeing all development and production.
Responsible for establishing drama teams and securing Fremantlemedia first commissions in India and Indonesia.
Production (role): PRODUCER - "Hollyaoks Late Night"Company: Lime Pictures for C4/E4Project details: All accepted Producer’s duties, and in addition:
· 6 x 1 hour stand-alone episodes shot on Location in North West England.
· Working with young and in-experienced cast, within a very tight, low budget.
· Working to ensure the 'Late Night’ episodes reflected the re-branding and increased ambition of the main, high volume pre-watershed series.
· Working to ensure that audience figure were increased by driving viewers between the main pre-watershed show and these 9pm episodes.
Production (role): PRODUCER - River CityCompany: BBC Drama for BBC1 ScotlandProject details: All accepted Producer’s duties, and in addition:
· 52 x 1 hour episodes shot in Studios in Glasgow, Scotland.
· Introduced new methods of working to re-vamp and re-structure overall series story arcs as well as episodic editorial content.
· Working to ensure budget reduction was met and tightened schedule achieved.
· In addition, worked as DEVELOPMENT PRODUCER for in-house projects for BBC Scotland.
Production (role): DEVELOPMENT PRODUCERCompany: Shed ProductionsProject details: Assessed and advised on In-House slate both editorially and in terms of Production.
Production (role): SERIES PRODUCER - Rock RivalsCompany: Shed Productions for ITV1Project details: All accepted Producer’s duties, and in addition:
· New 8 x 1 hours Primetime series for ITV1, set in the world of a music talent show.
· Sole Producing responsibilities working with largely in-house writers along US ‘Writer’s Room’ structure.
· Sole responsibility for choice, arrangement and production of 22 pre-recorded songs.
· Commissioned original songs from song-writers.
· Shot entirely on location in Dublin.
· All Post Production completed in Dublin.
· Strategically and heavily involved with extensive multi-platform work to show both at ITV and for Indie embracing and being responsible for the additional associated compliance issues.
· Strategically and heavily involved with the DVD production and distributor for sales packages, including MIPCOM presentation, add-ons and promotional material.
Production (role): SERIES PRODUCER - New TricksCompany: WalltoWall fro BBC1Project details: All accepted Producer’s duties, and in addition:
· Successfully introduced a 90% change-round in crew HODs to re-vitalise show.
· Successfully introduced 75% new directors and writers to the show.
· Successfully increased the audience share so show became BBC1’s top Drama.
· Produced international versions and all paperwork for worldwide distribution and DVD production.
· Successfully liaised between talent, Indie and BBC to improve working relationship.
Production (role): EXEC / SERIES PRODUCER - Holby CityCompany: BBC Drama for BBC1Project details: All accepted Producer’s duties, and in addition:
· Selected to attend specialist training in LA as guests of the showrunners on ‘Deadwood’ and ‘The Wire’.
· Member of the BBC’s top 100 leaders for Drama. Entertainment and Children’s.
· Selected for BBC’s Established Leader Programme.
· Key Speaker at BBC conferences including Africa season related conferences.
· Invited speaker at external conferences.
· Line Manager for 4 producers, 15 Editorial staff and over 300 additional staff, fixed-term, free-lance and contract personnel at any one time.
· Responsible for yearly output of 52 x 1 hours shows. Produced African Special on Location in Ghana.
· Pioneered and introduced Showrunner on to the series.
· Ran the entire show from base at Elstree.
· Responsible for re-casting 80% of Characters over past 3 years.
· Re-worked the Editorial set-up of the show.
· First, second and third BAFTA nomination for the show whilst the Series Producer.
· Implementing a 5 day working week for production and cast.
· Introduced a new medical discipline to the show to expand story-lines and cast.
· Introduced new system for story lining both long, and short term.
Production (role): PRODUCER - Holby CityCompany: BBC Drama for BBC1Project details: Produced over 20 x 1 Hour episodes, including several stand-alone specials.
Production (role): PRODUCER - EastendersCompany: BBC Drama for BBC1Project details: · Produced over 70 x 30 minute episodes including numerous
"Specials" and award winning episodes.
· Produced "The Slaters" first ever episodes.
· Produced the 200 Eastenders Directors course, selecting and mentoring new directors into Series Drama.
Production (role): PRODUCTION ASSOCIATE - EastendersCompany: BBC Drama / BBC1Project details: · Script Edited across the show as part of training.
· Budgeted and Scheduled weekly output.
· Reported directly to Episodic Producers and Exec. Producers.
Production (role): FIRST ASSISTANT DIRECTOR - EastendersCompany: BBC Drama for BBC1Project details: Series Producer Jane Harris
Production (role): LOCATION MANAGERCompany:Project details: "This Life" World Productions. Producer Jane Fallon.
"Wing and a Prayer" Thames Television, Producer Jacinta Peel.
"Holding On" BBC Drama. Producer David Snodin.
"Eastenders" BBC Drama. Producer Corrine Hollingworth.
"Into The Fire" BBC Drama Serial, Producer David Snodin.
Production (role): SECOND ASSISTANT DIRECTORCompany:Project details: "Low Level Panic" BBC Single Drama. Producer: Simon Curtis.
"Speaking in Tongues" BBC Single Drama. Producer: David Snodin.
"In the Cold Light of Day" BBC Film. Producer: Tatiana Kennedy.
"The Riff Raff Element" BBC Drama. Producer: Liz Trubridge.
"EastEnders" BBC Drama. Series Producer: Leonard Lewis.
"Families" Granada Television. Producer: Sue Pritchard.
Production (role)CompanyProject details
Production (role): STAFF DIRECTORCompany: Young Vic TheatreProject details: "The Iron Man" Musical Premiere.
Directors Pete Townsend and David Thacker.
Production (role): STAGE MANAGERCompany: Octagon Theatre, Bolton, Royal Exchange, Manchester, Young Vic Theatre, West End (including musicals)Project details: Directors including Phyllida Lloyd, Trevor Nunn and Sam Mendes.