Charlie took his first degree in Scotland at St Andrews, and MA in English Literature. He went on to work at the BBC as a Film Editor, working first on Newsnight, then Drama and ultimately in Music and Arts. He then went on to study screenwriting at the Graduate Screenwriting Programme at the University of Southern California School of Film and Television in Los Angeles, where he won a First-Look deal and a Scholarship from Warner Brothers and graduated with an MFA in Film and his first writing deal, with Andy Vajna’s Cinergi. At USC he studied directly under the personal tutelage of Frank Daniel, who was amongst other things, the first creative director of Sundance and ex-Dean of the American Fim Institute.
He lived and worked in America for seven more years before returning to live in Scotland.
- DateProduction (role)CompanyProject details
- Date: 2018Production (role): SANCTUARY (Showrunner)Company: Yellow Bird / TV4Project details: 8 x 60 Adapted from the Marie Hermanson novel 'The Devil's Sanctuary'.
- Date: 2009Production (role): WIRE IN THE BLOOD (Episodic)Company: Coastal Productions / ITVProject details: The Falls of the Shadows part 1 and 2
- Date: 2008Production (role): ULTIMATE FORCE (Episodic)Company: Bentley Productions / ITVProject details: Two episodes
- Date: 2005Production (role): AFTERLIFE (Episodic)Company: Clerkenwell Films / ITVProject details: 1 Episode
- Date: 2005Production (role): TAGGART (Episodic)Company: STV productions / ITVProject details: 1 Episode
- Date: 2005Production (role): M.I.T: MURDER INVESTIGATION TEAM (Episodic)Company: Thames Television / ITVProject details: 1 Episode
- Date: 2003Production (role): STEEL RIVER BLUES (Episodic)Company: Yorkshire Television / ITVProject details: 2 Episodes
- DateProduction (role)Company
- Date: 2017 - PresentProduction (role): DEAD WATERCompany: Hat Trick