The Clarkson Twins (Michael & Paul) are writer/directors based in London and LA. Michael is a graduate of the University of Southern California School of Cinematic Arts.
Co-writers and directors of 5 star West End hit DEATH SHIP 666, their work has been seen by international audiences in the USA and Germany following a successful sell out run at Edinburgh Festival and London’s Leicester Square Theatre respectively. Their short films have made it to the finals of British film competitions Enter the Pitch and Film 4 Scene Stealers.
Michael and Paul were recently consultants on the Bad Wolf/HBO adaptation of the Philip Pullman trilogy HIS DARK MATERIALS.
Michael was a quarter-finalist in the Academy’s Nicholl Fellowship and recipient of the Sloan Award for his Rosalind Franklin biopic THE DARK LADY OF DNA.
- Production (role)CompanyProject details
- Production (role): WHEEL OF TIMECompany: Sony / AmazonProject details:
- Production (role): SEECompany: Chernin Entertainment / Endeavour Content / AppleProject details: Consulting Producer
Writer of 1 x 60' episode
Created by Steve Knight
- Production (role): THE FEEDCompany: Studio Lambert / Amazon / VirginProject details: 1 x 60' episode
Based on the novel by Nick Clark Windo
- Production (role): RED ROSECompany: Eleven FilmsProject details: Creator and writer of original series
- Production (role): THE CLONING OF JOANNA MAYCompany: Eleven Films / eOneProject details:
- Production (role): BYZANTIUMCompany: Eleventh Hour FilmsProject details:
- Production (role): ANGELMAKERCompany: Ink Factory FilmsProject details: Adaptation of Nick Harkaway's novel
- Production (role): HIS DARK MATERIALSCompany: Bad Wolf/HBOProject details: Script consultants and story room writers
- Production (role): THE BILHAHCompany: Bad WolfProject details: Original pilot
- Production (role): NEVER IN DOUBTCompany: Gateway FilmsProject details: Feature film
- Production (role): PLAGUE TIMESCompany: EcosseProject details: Adaptation of Louise Welsh's trilogy
- Production (role)Project details
- Production (role): DEATH SHIP 666! (Co-Writer / Co-Director)Project details: "Rip-rollicking, delightful extravaganza... this show is so slick and fast-paced it will leave you in a tail-spin!" - Daily Express *****
"Simply unmissable... This is perfection" - Three Weeks *****
"It's Titanic meets Airplane!" -Broadway Baby ****
"Hyper-energetic high-jinx" – Chortle ****
- Production (role): ONCE UPON A NIGHTMAREProject details: “Anyone with a taste for the magical will be completely transfixed by this unique experience” - Broadway Baby *****
- DateProduction (role)Project details
- Date: 2015Production (role): BAFTAProject details: LA Scholar
- Date: 2014Production (role): Nicholl FellowshipProject details: Short List
- Date: 2013Production (role): Enter the Pitch Film Competition, Pinewood StudiosProject details: Finalist
- Date: 2012Production (role): BAFTA RocliffeProject details: Comedy Finalist
- Date: 2012Production (role): Film 4 Scene StealersProject details: Film Finalist
- Date: 2012Production (role): Red Planet PrizeProject details: Short List