- Production (role)CompanyProject details
- Production (role): INFORMERCompany: Neal Street / BBC1 / AmazonProject details: 6 Episodes
Dir. Jonny Campbell
Wrs. Rory Haines, Sohrab Noshirvani
BAFTA Nomination - Drama Series
- Production (role): THE MISSINGCompany: New Pictures / BBC1 / StarzProject details: Series 2
8 x 60 mins
Wr. Jack and Harry Williams
Dir. Ben Chanan
- Production (role): THE TUNNEL: SabotageCompany: Kudos / Shine France / Sky Atlantic / Canal+Project details: Series 2
8 x 50'
Dirs. Mike Barker, Gilles Bannier, Tim Mielants, Carl Tibbetts
Wrs. Ben Richards, Yann Le Nivet, Louise Ironside, Franck Philippon
- Production (role): THE FALLCompany: Artists Studio / BBC2 / NetflixProject details: Series 2 6 x 60'
Series 1 5 x 60'
Dirs. Jakob Verbruggen, Allan Cubitt
Wr. Allan Cubitt
- Production (role): COMBAT HOSPITAL (Associate Producer)Company: Artists Studio / Sienna Films / Shaw / ABC (Eps. 1 & 2)Project details: 13 x 60' drama series
Script Editor in development
Dirs. Iain B MacDonald, Chris Menaul, Paul Unwin, Stephen Reynolds and Helen Shaver
Wrs. Dan Petrie Jnr, Sara B. Cooper, Angus Fraser, Gub Neal, Simon Burke and Adam Pettle
- Production (role): THE LAST ENEMY (Associate Producer)Company: Box TV / NOVA/WGBH Boston / BBCProject details: Mini-Series - 5 episodes
Dir. Iain B. MacDonald
Wr. Peter Berry
- Production (role): THORNE: SLEEPYHEAD (Script Editor)Company: Stagereel / Cité-Amérique / SkyProject details: 3 x 45' drama serial
Dir. Stephen Hopkins
Wrs. Jim Keeble, Dudi Appleton (based on the novel by Mark Billingham)
- Production (role): AFFINITY (Script Executive)Company: Box TV / Cité-Amérique / ITVProject details: 1 x 90'
Dir. Tim Fywell
Wr. Andrew Davies (based on the novel by Sarah Walters)
- Production (role): THE LAST ENEMY (Associate Producer)Company: Box TV / BBC / WGBHProject details: 5 x 60'
Dir. Iain B MacDonald
Wr. Peter Berry
- Production (role): WIND IN THE WILLOWS (Script Editor)Company: Box TV / Muse Entertainment / BBC / CBCProject details: 1 x 100'
Dir. Rachel Tallalay
Wr. Lee Hall (based on the novel by Kenneth Grahame)
- Production (role): COMING UP (Development Co-ordinator)Company: Ideal World Productions / Touchpaper TelevisionProject details: Series of films made for TV by new directors and writers.
- Production (role): HUSTLE (3rd Assistant Director)Company: AMC / BBCProject details: Series 1
6 x 60'
Dirs. Bharat Nalluri, Minkie Spiro, Rob Bailey
Wrs. Matthew Graham, Tony Jordan, Bharat Nalluri, Ashley Pharoah
- DateCompanyProject details
- Date: Mar 2009 -Jan 2012Company: Artists StudioProject details: Head of Development
Julian joined the newly formed Artists Studio with the task of building a slate of developments from the ground up for both the UK and international market
- Date: Nov 2008-Apr 2009Company: Abbott VisionProject details: Development Executive / Script Editor
Julian worked with Paul Abbott during the early stages of his new venture, developing projects based on the writers’ room model
- Date: Feb 2006 -Nov 2008Company: Box TVProject details: Development Executive / Script Editor
Julian's duties were to create and develop new ideas for television series and serials. Working closely with the Head of Drama, Gub Neal, he script edited a slate of developments that saw Box TV enjoy its most successful period of production
- Date: Jan-Dec 2005Company: IWC MediaProject details: Development Coordinator, Drama
Julian's role was to coordinate the script submission, development and production process of the company's new talent series for Channel 4, COMING UP, II. He oversaw a team of three readers to assess and report on over seven hundred script submissions and then worked with the series
producers on selecting and developing the final eight projects. Julian also worked alongside the line producer to coordinate the two-month shoot and the Masterclasses that were held to assess and train the shortlisted directors
- Date: Mar 2004 -Jan 2005Company: Monogram Productions / IWC Media!Project details: Development Assistant, Drama
Julian's role was to assist the Head of Development, Kate Croft and Head of Drama, Eileen Quinn
During his time in the role they produced COMING UP, I (C4), and MEET THE MAGOONS (C4)
- Date: Nov 2001 -Nov 2003Company:Project details: Assistant Director
Like many others, Julian started in television drama as a runner, both on the floor and in the production office. His credits include BAIT (Daniel Boyle, Nick Renton), LITTLE ANGELS (Paul McGuigan) and ALIBI (Paul Abbott, David Richards)
He then moved up to Assistant Director and worked on STATE OF MIND (Paula Milne, Christopher Menaul) and HUSTLE (Tony Jordan, Bharat Nalluri)
before moving into development