An experienced television producer and story producer who successfully develops, produces and manages delivery of drama series. My expertise includes: series and story development, script editing working directly with writers; producing TV drama i.e. managing and overseeing productions from development, scripting, through pre-production, production, post-production to delivery and TX.
Production (role)CompanyProject details
Production (role): Drama Development Executive and Story ProducerCompany: KudosProject details: Initiated scripts process for a BBC project, and dealt with development submissions and books backlog
Production (role): CODE 404 (Co-Producer)Company: Kudos / Water & Power Productions /PeacockProject details: Series 3
6 x 60"
Created and written by Sam Myer, Tom Miller and Danny Peak
Starring. Daniel Mays, Stephen Graham and Anna Maxwell Martin
Dir. Al Campbell
Production (role): SUSPICION
(Script Editor)Company: Keshet / Apple TVProject details: 8 Part US / UK drama series
Wrs. Rob Williams, Mega Gallagher, Nick Leather and Terry Cafolla
Starring. Uma Thurman, Noah Emmerich, Kunal Nayyar, Lydia West and Elizabeth Henstridge
Directed by Chris Long and Stefan Schwartz
Production (role): MTV SHUGA: DOWN SOUTH
(Producer)Company: MTV Staying Alive FoundationProject details: Season 2
10 part Drama Series
Production (role): Drama Development ConsultantCompany: Pinewood Television (part of the Pinewood Group)Project details: Sourced and introduced new writers, directors and acting talent to the business.
Production (role): ProducerCompany: Vice Media Ltd for VICELAND UKProject details: Producer hired to consult and advise on commissioned productions, acquisitions and compliance for launch of the new UK pay TV channel Viceland.
Production (role): ProducerCompany: Discovery CommunicationsProject details: In-house Producer - Drama specialist & Fact. Ent. production.
Production (role): Freelance Producer / Freelance Script Development ConsultantCompany: Various ClientsProject details: Completed contracts for Rich Mix, BT and independent filmmakers
Production (role): EASTENDERS
(Script Editor)Company: BBC TelevisionProject details: - Joined the BBC as an Assistant Script Editor; progressed to Script Editor reporting to the Series Script Producer and Executive Producer.
- Maintained close relationships with writers to produce high quality scripts on time and within the programme budget constraints.
- Edited scripts and managed script delivery to very aggressive and non-negotiable production and transmission deadlines; completed scene re-writes on an ad hoc basis.
- Acted Up as producer on many episodes on set, location, in the studio and in the gallery.
- Managed and worked with writers to develop stories in accordance with storyline briefs.
- Wrote editor reports, briefed writers, led script briefing meetings and commissioned scripts.
- Generated additional story ideas for individual episodes and story conferences.
- Liaised with HODs to ensure productions requirements were considered.
Production (role): Assistant Commissioning EditorCompany: Channel 4, Drama DepartmentProject details: - Joined Channel 4 Television as Drama Assistant to Commissioning Editor, subsequently promoted to Editorial Executive and then to Assistant (Commissioning) Editor.
- Reported to the Head of Film and Drama, with responsibility for overseeing the content and production of Channel 4 long running drama series.
- Script Development – Reported to Head of Development on viability of proposals, scripts etc.
- Channel 4 in-house executive responsible for long running series.
Production (role): Freelance Roles (Film, Drama and Commericals)Company:Project details: Script Reader, 2nd and 3rd Assistant Director, Junior Film Development Executive, Voiceover/ Dubbing Assistant Producer, In-house Runner and Production Secretary.
- Management of drama/film production
- Script & Story Development - Fiction
- Ideas and scripts assessment - commissioning
- Script Editing
- Talent and Content Management
- Pitching & Commissioning
- Project & Budget Management
- Maintaining Industry Relationships
- Risk Assessments / H&S
- Editorial and Broadcast Strategy
Project details: - Institute of Management Studies : 1 Day MBA
- NFTS Producing for Film Drama
- NFTS Film & Drama Production Management
- NFTS Independent Production Company Business Course
- NFTS Script Development Workshop
- Robert McKee - Story Seminar
- Royal Court Writers Workshop
- Leadership Development / Critical Thinking via Discovery Training
- Media Trust - Mentor & Coaching Training / Mentor & EP on digital film projects